Some hidden dangersBy Recah Trinidad
Philippine Daily Inquirer
SO where is top swimming official Mark Joseph, who has been charged with malversation together with the former head of the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp.?
“I don’t know,” said former Sen. Nikki Coseteng. “At least he doesn’t harass us.”
But why the sudden interest in Mr. Joseph?
“Please help me inquire regarding our case against Mark Joseph and (former Pagcor chair Efraim) Genuino in the Ombudsman,” Coseteng said.
“The case—OMB-CC-11-0351-F—is two years na.”
What do you want to happen?
“I hope the case, violation of RA 3019, 1379, 9160, would be raised to the Sandigan, ASAP.”
Coseteng wants her call to reach as many people who can help.
She fears Joseph has some hidden agenda.
“Would you believe, they did it (harass) to others,” cried Coseteng.
* * *
Of course, there are more than enough hidden dangers hereabouts.
For samplers, here’s the super trader Baste Chua, a concerned, tireless health tipster, lifting from the article “The Hidden Hazards of Microwave Cooking” by Anthony Wayne and Lawrence Newell:
1. Continually eating food processed from a microwave oven causes long-term permanent damage by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain (demagnitizing the brain tissue).
2. The human body cannot metabolize (break down) the unknown by-products created in microwaved food.
3. Male and female hormone is shut down or altered by continually eating microwaved foods.
4. The effects of microwaved food by-products are residual (long term, permanent) within the human body.
5. Minerals, vitamins and nutrients of all microwaved food are reduced or altered, so that the human body gets little or no benefit.
6. Minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.
7. Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths or tumors.
8. Prolonged eating of microwaved food causes cancerous cells to increase in the human blood.
9. Eating microwaved food causes loss of memory and concentration, thereby resulting in emotional instability and decrease of intelligence.
Please stand by for more helpful tips from Mr. Chua.
More from this Column:
- ‘Bring back Bobby Jaworski’
- Rooting for a lead Ginebra surrogate
- Bradley chances slim and dwindling
- Don’t tinker with this great skater’s golden values
- Will there be a home landing for this great Pinoy?