Will Uncle Bob Arum speak up, please
There were three odd possibilities listed last week on how Jeff Horn of Australia could hope to upset Manny Pacquiao:
1) Pacquiao suddenly turns old;
2) Pacquiao shows up unprepared;
3) Pacquiao suddenly turns dull and dumb.
In the same report emanating from Australia, Horn, the awful underdog, was given only an eight-point chance of winning, while Pacquiao got 92.
Putting it plainly in pundit parlance, the chances of the unbeaten Horn were slim and none.
Anyway, the latest info on the Pacquiao-Horn fight, initially scheduled for April 23, said the bout would not be staged in Australia.
Pacquiao the other day announced he’s taking his act to the United Arab Emirates, either in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
After that announcement, Pacquiao took time out to tweet his fans and ask whom he should be fighting next.
In that poll, Horn got only 7 percent while Amir Khan received a whopping 48 percent of the yes votes. Kell Brook received 28 percent while Terence Crawford got 24 percent.
Meanwhile, nothing has been heard of veteran promoter Bob Arum, who had supposedly contracted Horn to face Pacquiao on April 23.
When it was first announced that Pacquiao would be paid [only] $5 million, Team Pacquiao jumped up and cried the eight-division world champion would not fight for peanuts.
Arum assured Pacquiao would be given his deserved purse [versus Horn].
Arum had also promised to fly to Manila to finalize arrangements with Pacquiao.
While Arum should’ve stood up or spoken in the midst of the confusion, he has preferred to keep mum.
Pacquiao, meanwhile, decided to take matters into his own hands.
Of course, it cannot be said Pacquiao has decided to cut ties with Arum, who charted him to superstardom.
As things stand, Pacquiao cannot fight without the approval of his beloved promoter, whose whereabouts were unknown at press time.