Balkman wants to bury the hatchet with Santos
Renaldo Balkman and Arwind Santos have a history that most people wouldn’t call “fond.”
The two were teammates in the PBA with Petron in 2013 but both figured in an altercation that involved Balkman choking Santos.
Balkman’s actions merited a ban from the league, but now he’s back in the Philippines for Alab Pilipinas in the ASEAN Basketball League the Puerto Rican international wants to fully reconcile with Santos.
“I haven’t gotten in touch with him but I’m looking for him,” said Balkman Wednesday after they lost to Singapore 90-80 at Filoil Flying V Centre.
“If you get this message man, I’m down here, maybe one day we can go out and have lunch, dinner, or whatever you want. Let’s just talk.”
Santos previously said he wants Balkman back in the PBA and added he’s over the choking incident.
“I’m over it a long time ago, I even supported him to continue playing for us but the PBA had already decided at that time,” said Santos in a previous Inquirer report. “It’s nothing to me now, I’ve been through a lot and I know that we shouldn’t be holding any ill will towards anyone.”
Balkman added he’s heard of Santos’ well wishes and he hoped that they can be teammates again.
“Happy new year to him and his family,” said Balkman. “I just want to thank him… and to team up with him again and have another run at it. With all the things that happened, the past is the past and that will be great for both of us.”
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.