2 in shooting of PBA player admit assault
CABANATUAN CITY, Philippines—Two suspected hired guns have been arrested and have admitted their role in the shooting and wounding of professional basketball player Ali Peek last year, police said.
Carlos Pangilinan, 60, of Barangay San Miguel na Munti, and Orlando Hernandez, 35, of Barangay Bantug, both in Talavera town, were arrested in separate police operations in Bulacan and Nueva Ecija last week, said Supt. Ricardo Villanueva, commander of police’s provincial public safety company.
The suspects told police that they had targeted a basketball player from Isabela, not Peek. The Hawaii-born Peek, who plays for the Talk ’N Text team, was shot in the nape at the parking lot of the RFM gym in Mandaluyong City on Nov. 7, 2011. Armand Galang, Inquirer Central Luzon
Disclaimer: The comments uploaded on this site do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of management and owner of INQUIRER.net. We reserve the right to exclude comments that we deem to be inconsistent with our editorial standards.
To subscribe to the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper in the Philippines, call +63 2 896-6000 for Metro Manila and Metro Cebu or email your subscription request here.
Factual errors? Contact the Philippine Daily Inquirer's day desk. Believe this article violates journalistic ethics? Contact the Inquirer's Reader's Advocate. Or write The Readers' Advocate:
c/o Philippine Daily Inquirer Chino Roces Avenue corner Yague and Mascardo Streets, Makati City,Metro Manila, Philippines Or fax nos. +63 2 8974793 to 94