Donaire open to a rematch vs Juarez
Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire isn’t the type to shy away from any challenge.
Shortly after surviving a 12-round brawl over Cesar Juarez in Puerto Rico, Donaire said he’s willing to fight the brick-strong Mexican in a rematch.
“I will definitely give him a rematch,” said Donaire following a hard-earned unanimous decision victory on Saturday as posted on Top Rank boxing’s official Twitter account. “I’m not taking anything away from him.”
Donaire, who reclaimed his WBO super bantamweight title, eased through the early rounds and even decked Juarez in the fourth with a left hook.
But the younger Juarez, 24, showed great resolve and gave Donaire a run for his money in the latter part of the fight where he scored a knockdown in the 10th.
“Tremendous fight. We give him so much respect. We gave it all,” said the 33-year-old Donaire, who is on a resurgence since returning to the 122-pound division after suffering the first knockout loss of his career at the hands of Jamaican champion Nicholas Walters last year.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.