UFC’s best fighters are also great dads
Every fighter knows that earning a spot in the UFC places you among the best in the world and it is a feeling unlike any other. The walkout to your first fight, hearing crowds chant your name, testing yourself against legends, winning Championship gold and making MMA history are truly incomparable milestones; but yet there are still some titles and experiences that will always mean more.
It’s true that the UFC is where you can find the best fighters in the world, but it is also home to some of the best fathers. Fatherhood may not seem so glamorous compared to the life of celebrity athletes but just ask any of these UFC fathers and they will be the first to tell you that nothing beats being a dad first.
1. Jon “Bones” Jones – The No. 1 pound-for-pound best fighter in the world never misses a chance to spend #PricelessDadMoments with his 3 daughters: https://www.instagram.com/p/–IeRyMDCF/?taken-by=jonnybones
2. Daniel “DC” Cormier – The UFC Light Heavyweight Champion believes nothing in this world comes close to being a father to his 2 beautiful kids: https://www.instagram.com/p/BEriCnWrg6W/
3. Frankie “The Answer” Edgar – The former UFC Lightweight Champion fights not for the money or fame, but for his family, especially his 3 badass kids: https://www.instagram.com/p/_XyCMvk3Gt/?taken-by=frankieedgar
4. Jose Aldo – The former UFC Featherweight Champion said, “The best part about being a dad is spending the day with my little girl and enjoying every single moment. She is the best part of me.” https://www.instagram.com/p/zTXqs6DTtI/?taken-by=josealdojunioroficial
5. Cain Velasquez – The former UFC Heavyweight Champion said, “After a full day of practice when I’m exhausted and stressed out, the moment I see my daughter all of that disappears and I feel lucky to have all of the love that my daughter gives me. Taking in that moment is my favorite thing about being a dad.” https://www.instagram.com/p/-LRnspTYTi/?taken-by=officialcainvelasquez
6. Johny “Big Rigg” Hendricks – The former UFC Welterweight Champion always makes time for quality bonding with his kids during his busy training schedule: https://www.instagram.com/p/BBN0t94A90H/?taken-by=johnyhendricks
It’s time now to show your Dad some love too and if you’re looking to step up your Dad game, take a page from your favorite UFC fighters.