Kobe Paras says he’s ‘going pro’ | Inquirer Sports

Kobe Paras says he’s ‘going pro’

/ 12:17 PM March 09, 2018

Photo by Tristan Tamayo/INQUIRER.net

Kobe Paras sent shockwaves on Friday noon as he announced his decision to be a professional basketball player.

In a one-minute clip posted on his social media accounts, the second-generation star was short and sweet in saying “I’m going pro.”

Though Paras did not go into specifics of his next move, this ends the 20-year-old’s collegiate career which only lasted two years.

FEATURED STORIES

“If you know me, you knew this was coming. Thank you CSUN, but it’s time,” he tweeted.

The 6-foot-6 forward initially committed to UCLA, but later on left for Creighton, where he averaged 1.3 points and 1.0 rebound in his 4.7 minutes on the floor in the 15 games for the Bluejays.

Paras then transferred to Cal State Northridge for his sophomore year but redshirted this past season due to NCAA transfer rules.

He made  waves representing the country last year, first suiting up in the 2017 Fiba 3×3 World Cup with Kiefer Ravena, Jeron Teng, and JR Quiñahan, before joining Gilas Pilipinas in the 2017 Southeast Asian Games, where the country won gold.

While Paras was vague in his decision,  all signs point to him applying for the upcoming 2018 NBA Draft in June.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

TAGS: Kobe Paras

© Copyright 1997-2024 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.