Ronaldo ready to play for Juventus amid rape allegation
TURIN, Italy— Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri says Cristiano Ronaldo is ready to play in Saturday’s Italian league match at Udinese despite a rape allegation against him in the United States.
Allegri says Ronaldo “is doing well” and that he is “ready to return to action.”
A lawsuit was filed last week in Nevada by Kathryn Mayorga, who says she was raped by Ronaldo in Las Vegas in 2009. Police have also re-opened an investigation. Ronaldo has denied the accusation.
Allegri says “it’s a delicate moment but he has large shoulders. I see him calm in training.”
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.