Renaldo Balkman open to San Miguel return
MANILA, Philippines—Renaldo Balkman is open to returning for San Miguel Beer in the Commissioner’s Cup.
But Balkman playing for the Beermen remains to be an idea at this point.
“It’s up in the air right now. I don’t know. I don’t know if I will play yet but I just got some things to do here in the Philippines. Let’s see what’s next for me,” he said Saturday night. “I’m just here, working out, getting my body back healthy and staying in shape for the call.”
“Whatever that call is, I’ll be ready.”
The 34-year-old Balkman suited up for San Miguel in last year’s Commissioner’s Cup where the Beermen lost in the finals to the Barangay Ginebra Gin Kings in six games.
Balkman showed up at Mall of Asia Arena on Saturday to show support to his former team in Game 1 of the PBA Philippine Cup semifinals where the Beermen rolled past the Phoenix Fuel Masters.
“Welcome back? I never left. They did a great job out there. I’m here, had a great time, watched the game. I love being here.”
“You know I just gotta support my guys. I’ve been with these guys for a while. There’s just a personal level on us. Those are my brothers so no matter what, I’d go. That’s why I’m coming back to support. Like I said, I never left. I’ve been here the whole time, working out.”
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.