PBA postpones games starting Friday per IATF recommendation
MANILA, Philippines—The PBA will be postponing its Philippine Cup games starting Friday in compliance with the government’s recommendations following two positives cases inside the bubble in Clark, Pampanga.
In a statement on Friday, the league said the postponement is in compliance with advice from the Inter-Agency Task Force for Emerging Infectious Diseases Technical Working Group and the Department of Health “to ensure the integrity and safety” of the bubble.
But the government bodies still recommended for a momentary stoppage of play . The league will continue when the new protocols from the IATF and DOH are set in place.
“The PBA would like thank the IATF, DOH, and Clark Development Corporation for their continuous support and guidance,” said the league in a statement.
The league resumed on October 11 under the bubble set up. A total of 19 game days have been played since then while two of Blackwater’s games were shelved since the first positive case came to light.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link.