Que, Tabuena banner PGT restart cast
Japan PGA Tour campaigner Angelo Que has signed up to play in the Philippine Golf Tour’s (PGT) restart at Riviera’s Couples course beginning Tuesday, looming as one of the players to beat in the invitations-only tournament.
Miguel Tabuena earlier confirmed participation, and the former PH Open champion, together with Que, loom as the favorites in the 72-hole event to be played at the wind-swept layout in Silang, Cavite, where the first of two events signaling the return of pro golf in the country will be staged in a bubble-like environment.
Antonio Lascuña, who turns 50 next month, is also entered together with Jobim Carlos and Jay Bayron, ensuring that the tournament will not lack talent.
Que, who has made the Japan Tour his base, hopes to make the most of his rare stint in the circuit, dominated the PGT Asia at Manila Southwoods last year.
Lascuña is worried about not having played a tournament in the last eight months because of the coronavirus pandemic, though he said that he has kept himself in some shape by playing regularly at Southwoods.
“It’s been a long while since we (pros) last competed, and that should make it doubly exciting,” Lascuña said. “There’s too much excitement, expectations but I hope it turns out well [for me].” “It has been a tough year for everyone and this will be a good way to sort of end the year on a high note,” said Tabuena.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.