Rolando Dy, Jenel Lausa hope to crack BRAVE’s Belarus card in June
MANILA, Philippines — Two Filipinos hope to get their chance to redeem themselves in BRAVE Combat Federation’s next live event in June.
Both coming off setbacks last month, Rolando Dy and Jenel Lausa are eyeing big bounce-back performances if they are to be included in the upcoming event on June 4 in BRAVE’s in Belarus at Falcon Club Arena in Minsk.
“I have no other options but to get back up. I know the loss to Kubanychbek will make me a better fighter. I learned a lot from this loss more than I learned from my wins,” Dy said. “I will be ready for the next one. I hope I will be back in action very soon.”
“I haven’t been to Europe yet, and it’s enticing to fight over there,” he added. “Belarus is a great starting point of my road to redemption. I won’t think twice about taking that offer to fight in Europe.”
Dy (14-10), the former UFC fighter and son of Philippine boxing legend Rolando Navarrete, suffered a second-round stoppage to Abdisalam “Omok” Kubanychbek of Kyrgyzstan in the main event of BRAVE CF 47: Asian Domination.
In the undercard of the same event, Lausa (7-6), who had also campaigned in the UFC before, dropped a unanimous decision to Ryskulbek Ibraimov.
The loss was a rude welcome for Lausa in his move to the Bahrain-based promotion, but it also served as another lesson.
“I think of it as a lesson. It will serve as an inspiration to push myself to the limit. I will triple my time in training. I’m not discouraged at all. I want to fight as soon as possible. Winning and fighting again will motivate me,” the Iloilo native said.
Get the hottest sports news straight into your inbox
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.