Only Suarez, Ladon in Rio roster so far | Inquirer Sports

Only Suarez, Ladon in Rio roster so far

By: - Reporter / @junavINQ
/ 01:19 AM April 15, 2016

THE PHILIPPINES has finally earned official confirmation for two of its entries in the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympics.

Olympic chief of mission Joey Romasanta yesterday said the International Boxing Association (Aiba) notified the Philippine Olympic Committee that boxers Rogen Ladon and Charly Suarez have already qualified for the Summer Games scheduled Aug. 5 to 21.

“This is the first official notice that we got telling us that our athletes have qualified,” said Romasanta, also the POC first vice president.

He said the POC has yet to receive confirmation for Fil-Am hurdler Eric Cray and female lifter Hidilyn Diaz, who supposedly earned an Olympic berth after a podium finish during the world championship in Texas last year.

FEATURED STORIES

Cray surpassed the Olympic 110-meter hurdles qualifying standard in the US last year.

Both Ladon and Suarez finished second in the Asian Olympic qualifier in China recently.

Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

TAGS: 2016 Rio De Janeiro Olympics

© Copyright 1997-2024 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.