Pacquiao fight now in UAE, says Koncz
Manny Pacquiao’s next fight on April 23 will definitely be in the United Arab Emirates.
His opponent, however, has yet to be decided upon.
That’s the message relayed to Filipino scribes by Mike Koncz Saturday, Pacquiao’s adviser, who facilitated the deal that superseded an earlier agreement forged by Bob Arum, Pacquiao’s promoter, for Pacquiao to fight Australian Jeff Horn in Brisbane or any other Australian city.
Horn remains in strong contention though, according to Koncz, who said they are considering other possible opponents.
An online poll had earlier showed that fans want Amir Khan as a next opponent for the eight-division champion and Filipino ring icon.
Koncz reiterated that the Fighting Senator will be flying over to UAE soon to seal the fight contract.
Arum had announced the Horn fight but Pacquiao’s camp called the $5-million purse “peanuts.”
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.