Mixed doubles back at French Open
The mixed doubles event will be back at the French Open after it was canceled last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, though it will return with a slimmed down draw, organizers said on Tuesday.
“The mixed doubles event, which was … canceled last year due to the health crisis, is back this year at Roland Garros,” the French tennis federation (FFT) said.
“This competition will benefit from an adapted format with a 16-pair draw.”
The mixed doubles usually feature 32 pairs.
The French Open, which has been pushed back by a week from its scheduled start, will be held from May 30-June 13.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.