Close  

Ronaldo says woes at Madrid are not money-related

/ 11:25 AM September 13, 2012

MADRID— Cristiano Ronaldo has again said that his unhappiness at Real Madrid is not money-related.

He wrote on Facebook on Wednesday that he is “not worried about contracts” and that “my attention is exclusively focused on winning all the games and trophies in play with the indispensable company of my teammates and all of Madrid’s fans.”

ADVERTISEMENT

The Portugal forward’s enigmatic comment two weeks ago that he was “feeling sad” at the Spanish club sparked rumors the 27-year-old star wanted a raise. He has previously denied it is about money, saying only the club knows what the problem is about.

Ronaldo, who cost Madrid a record 80 million pounds (then $131 million) in 2009, trained with the team on Wednesday after having been away with Portugal.

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Cristiano Ronaldo, Facebook, Portugal, Real Madrid
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.